KRRI creates new opportunities for our lives with future transportation science and technology
- 430 km/h speed HEMU, connecting the peninsula into one city,
- The next-generation urban railroad train, providing more pleasant and comfortable experiences,
- Inexpensive lightweight subways suitable for small- and medium-sized cities,
- Environment-friendly wireless tram moving with battery energy,
- Bimodal tram driving on the roads,
- Mini-tram, which can be used just like a car,
- Near-surface subway keeping the city’s clear landscape,
- Railroad safety technology for the safer railroads,
- Logistics technology as arteries moving national economy, etc.
Since its establishment in 1996, KRRI has achieved the globalization of
railroad traffic technology with
400 specialized researchers, with 300 forms of high technology
research equipment, each of which was developed by KRRI,
and through the passion and courage to endeavor to develop
For a more prosperous future, the Korea Railroad Research Institute will
realize the dream of a broader and larger world with future transportation
science and technology.
We appreciate your continued support and encouragement.
President of the Korea Railroad Research Institute 김기환